How the EGBAR Foundation began…
In 1989 an environmental and educational partnership was born. CEO and Founder Bruce FaBrizio, and Simple Green®, manufacturers of the all-purpose, non–toxic cleaner, established the EGBAR® Foundation. EGBAR is an acronym for Everything’s Gonna Be All Right.
The foundation’s funding goes towards a national education curriculum that teaches children about the environment and how to care for it. Funds also support community clean–up projects, and most recently, partnerships with America’s schools. These partners also focus on improving children’s understandings of environmental issues and supports actions toward improving the educational environment around them. With the support of Simple Green, as well as the generous donations from people all over the world, the EGBAR Foundation is making a difference by teaching everyone to “Think Globally, Act Locally.”
The EGBAR Foundation: Goals and Objectives
- Educate children throughout the world about the importance of recycling and protecting the environment.
- Create greater awareness of community environmental clean-up needs and what can be done to meet them.
- Challenge all segments of these communities, both young and old, to be responsive to these needs.
- Raise and provide funds that support action of projects addressing these needs.
- Focus efforts on “Making A Difference” throughout the world.
Who is EGBAR?
EGBAR is the fun and magical mascot who takes his name from the acronym for Everything’s Gonna Be All Right! He embodies the spirit of positive thinking… and positive action! In 1989, the EGBAR attitude led to the founding of the EGBAR Foundation by the makers of Simple Green®, as a vehicle for making the world a better place.
“The EGBAR Foundation focuses on helping the people of the world improve their environment by thinking globally and acting locally.” The foundation fulfills this mission statement by supporting clean-up projects throughout the world and sponsoring environmental education programs for young people to develop the concern, commitment, and confidence needed to make a personal difference.